If you have been up to date in the media lately, then you may be aware of how popular permanent makeup has become. Therefore, you may be wondering what permanent makeup really is, what you should know about it, how to prepare for an appointment, and what the benefits are or what you should expect if you decide to try it for yourself. If you have been considering permanent makeup, then we have all the best information for you to review before making your first appointment. Let's jump right in!
How is permanent makeup applied (a.k.a "micropigmentation")?
- A technique used is cosmetic tattooing which creates natural-looking features that resemble makeup using ink and a tattoo gun (but the needle does not penetrate the skin as deep as it would with a normal tattoo)
What should I know about permanent makeup?
- The results can last for years if properly taken care of, but the color will naturally fade
- Choose a technician you trust (costs vary) by doing research
- It is not a painless process, and most people do experience flaking and scabbing soon after their session
- The healing process usually takes a few weeks
What should you know before your first permanent makeup appointment?
- Make your technician aware of any serious medical conditions you may have
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding
- No tanning beforehand
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before your appointment
- It is advised not to work out on the day of your appointment
- You may experience swelling and/or bruising after your appointment, so keep that in mind if you have any events planned afterward
- You will be sure to save time each day by no longer having to apply makeup for years to come
- Your confidence will be boosted
- The natural features on your face will become accentuated
- The permanent makeup will not smudge
- It will always look symmetrical
Now that you are more aware of what permanent makeup is, how long it lasts, what to expect/the benefits, and what you should do when preparing for your first permanent makeup appointment, we hope you feel more informed and prepared if you decide to try permanent makeup for yourself.
Here at Exquisite Aesthetics, we aim to give you the best experience possible. We ensure your maximum comfort during your makeup appointment with us. When you enjoy it, we also offer services for eyebrows, stretch marks, scars, areola and nipple, lips, and body as well. Our licensed aesthetician and paramedical tattooist, Shawny, is double licensed as an Aesthetician and Permanent Cosmetics Artist. As artistic perfectionists, we make you feel at ease while providing treatments that will leave you feeling your best.
If you have any further questions regarding this information, our services, pricing, or any other general questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! You can also request a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you and making you look your best.